Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
In this memoir, Buck Donaldson recounts his childhood in rural Louisiana and his service in the U. S. Navy during World War II.
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
This collection houses military newspapers, veterans' newsletters, articles, letters, and official military documents showing the life of the enlisted Army soldier serving in the Pacific theater during World War II. The 106th Infantry Regiment is particularly well represented.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Liberty ships. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less