Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
This collection includes two maps of the China-Burma-India theater, headquarters documents, membership records of John H. Allen, a World War II soldier. Also included is Allen's journal of places and connected events and an interview transcript of Allen detailing his time serving in WWII.
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- Prisoners of war 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less