Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Burton R. Richard Papers
Clyde W. Bradley Papers
This collection includes the typed recollections of Clyde W. Bradley’s World War II service, including his crash landing and time as a prisoner of war in Germany.
Edgar C. Wilson Oral History
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
J. Harold Harveston Papers
This collection consists of correspondence between J. Harold Harveston, a radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and his parents. It also contains an undated newspaper clipping regarding Harveston from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
Robert Asquith Collection
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1 ∧ less