Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection houses correspondence, photographs, and military memorabilia documenting Clifford Edward Keenan's service and death with the 505th Parachute Infantry during World War II.
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
The book housed in this collection is composed of transcriptions of letters written between Private Clifford E. Keenan and his immediate family from 1942 to 1944. Editor Hugh T. Keenan (Clifford E. Keenan's younger brother) has also included a brief biographical introduction and numerous photographs of the Keenan family.
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less