Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists of three interview transcriptions with Ben Franklin on from 2004-2005 by G. Kurt Piehler, John B. Romeiser, and Braum Lincoln Denton. In the interviews, Franklin details his childhood in Knoxville, TN and his service in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
The Edgar Wilson Oral History, 2003-2004, is a typescript of an oral history interview with Edgar Wilson by Dr. Kurt Piehler, Greg Kupsky, and Patrick Leverton of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Wilson's World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
In this narrative, John S. Hurst describes his time in the U. S. Army from his induction in July of 1944 to his discharge in August of 1945. He mentions his service replenishing ammunition during the Battle of the Bulge and details many of his struggles, including the frostbite and pneumonia that finally sent him home. The collection also houses a copy of a photograph of Hurst in his uniform.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This film, entitled Troublemaker -- A Pilot's Story of WWII, documents Robert Harrington's service flying B-24s in Europe with the 466th Bomb Group during 1944.
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (Heavy), 466th. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- Netherlands. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less