Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 57
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
A single handwritten diary (photocopy) of Guy Landers from his time in World War II. The diary includes short daily entries of Landers’ activities from August 1944 through July 1945 before and during his time on the USS Arkansas.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection consists of a folder that contains letters and a transcription of the diary belonging to Howard O. Lane, bomber in the U.S. Air Force during World War II.
These papers include photocopies of correspondence, news articles, and newsletters documenting Hugh Talley’s service with the U.S. Army, particularly during World War II.
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
A collection of photocopies of photographs documenting James C. Havron’s military service in Alaska during World War II. Places documented include Dutch Harbor and Attu Island.
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
The James T. Knight Papers collection consists of photographs, letters, copies of newspaper articles, and a typed journal regarding Knight's military during World War II.
This collection features John Crowe's personal narrative, "Days in the Wild Blue Yonder," written about his service in the European Theater during World War II.
This collection documents John W. Bell's participation with the IV (Fourth) Corps during World War II and after. Included is correspondence, newspaper articles, publications, and more from Bell's time during the war. Also included is material documenting the post-war activity of the IV Corps including newsletters, reunion material, and more.
Papers of World War II veteran Joseph B. Boyd, including publications and photocopies of articles. Publications are from 1995 and include 1st Fighter News, WWII Nightfighters Newsletter, and The Flying Sergeant. Photocopied articles include information about Boyd's service.
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
- United States. Army. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 11
- United States. Navy. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 6
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- United States. Marine Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1