Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Andrew McGill Papers
This collection contains documents pertaining to Andrew E. McGill, Private First Class in the U.S. Army during World War II until being officially and honorably discharged in 1945.
Clifford Hambick Papers
This collection consists of a newspaper article from a 1984 edition of Inside TVA regarding the military service and awards of Clifford Hambick, a soldier in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Clinton E. Riddle Oral History
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
Freytag Family Papers
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
Hogins Family Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
James "J. D." Blankenship Jr. Collection
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Lendell Hatcher Collection
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
Veda Bateman Collection
This collection includes photocopies of photographs from Veda Bateman’s service with the American Red Cross during World War II. Also included are two buttons, one from the Red Cross, and with the Nazi Eagle insignia.
William F. Larsen Collection
This collection consists of a strip of Nazi propaganda film gathered by William F. Larsen while serving in the military during World War II. The film was found among debris near Kitzingen, Germany in April 1945.
- United States. Army. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1