Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 51
Howard O. Lane Papers
This collection consists of a folder that contains letters and a transcription of the diary belonging to Howard O. Lane, bomber in the U.S. Air Force during World War II.
Hugh H. Dossett Scrapbook
Hugh H. Talley Papers
These papers include photocopies of correspondence, news articles, and newsletters documenting Hugh Talley’s service with the U.S. Army, particularly during World War II.
J. Fred Baumann Collection
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
J. Guy Boswell Jr. Correspondence
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
James C. Havron Photographs
A collection of photocopies of photographs documenting James C. Havron’s military service in Alaska during World War II. Places documented include Dutch Harbor and Attu Island.
James "J. D." Blankenship Jr. Collection
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
James T. Knight Papers
The James T. Knight Papers collection consists of photographs, letters, copies of newspaper articles, and a typed journal regarding Knight's military during World War II.
John Crowe Collection
This collection features John Crowe's personal narrative, "Days in the Wild Blue Yonder," written about his service in the European Theater during World War II.
John W. Bell Collection
This collection documents John W. Bell's participation with the IV (Fourth) Corps during World War II and after. Included is correspondence, newspaper articles, publications, and more from Bell's time during the war. Also included is material documenting the post-war activity of the IV Corps including newsletters, reunion material, and more.
Joseph B. Boyd Papers
Papers of World War II veteran Joseph B. Boyd, including publications and photocopies of articles. Publications are from 1995 and include 1st Fighter News, WWII Nightfighters Newsletter, and The Flying Sergeant. Photocopied articles include information about Boyd's service.
Knoxville Community Planning Council Records
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
Lendell Hatcher Collection
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
Lindsey Nelson Speech to the East Tennessee Historical Society
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
M. E. Springer Oral History
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
Neal O'Steen Oral History
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
Reuben T. Crawford Papers
Robert C. Hornsby Narrative
This collection contains the personal narrative of World War II veteran Colonel Robert C. Hornsby.
Robert G. Osborne Collection
This collection includes photographs, U.S. Naval Forces and Eleventh Amphibious Force documents, newspaper excerpts about Robert G. Osborne and his fellow men, and a brief personal narrative from Osborne about his experience in World War II.
- United States. Army. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 10
- United States. Navy. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 7
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- United States. Army Air Forces. 4
- United States. Marine Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1