Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Erwin B. Bigger Oral History
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
J. Richard Vincent Memoir
This collection consists of All Hands Man Your Battle Stations, a memoir written by J. R. Vincent. He was a former AOM USNR who fought in World War II and Korea.
Neal O'Steen Oral History
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
W. Lewis Wood Oral History
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
Wilson-Wade Family Papers
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less