Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of Edward P. Laughlin's WWII Memoir A Paratrooper's Journey, written in 1999. He describes his initial Army experiences during basic training, jump school, and demolition school. He also discusses his combat action, including his part in the Battle of the Bulge, and his role in the Berlin occupation.
In this interview (conducted as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Floyd M. Byers discusses his childhood in Tracy City, Tennessee, his experiences as an Army officer in post World War II Germany, his service as a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War, and his postwar life working as an office manager and Vice-President for passenger traffic at Tennessee Airways.
This collection contains a World War II soldier's letter written to his mom, dated July 13, 1945. Signed W. L. B. and written from Germany, the soldier talks about his feelings about the war and the upcoming occupation.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Tracy City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Aerial operations, American. 1