Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection includes a news clipping from 1995 featuring a tribute to Arthur Eugene Kiser, who was killed in action January 16, 1945. This article commemorates the 50 years that had passed since his death near Eupen, Belgium at the age of 23-years-old.
Daughters of the American Colonists Clipping, Typescript, and Photograph Regarding the Presentation of a Memorial Tree
This collection houses a typescript of a speech, a newspaper clipping, and a photograph documenting the Daughters of the American Colonists' presentation of a memorial red oak tree to the University of Tennessee to commemorate those who died in World War II. The tree was planted at the entrance to the University's Farm and was intended to be the first of an avenue of memorial trees.
Jeanne Barkley Card File regarding University of Tennessee Students and Alumni Killed in World War II
This card file, which Jeanne Barkley most likely created during her tenure as military records clerk, documents University of Tennessee students and alumni who were killed during World War II. Each card lists the deceased's full name, rank, date of birth, next of kin, home address, dates and campus of U. T. attendance, and academic program. Many of the cards also provide the date and cause of the soldier's death.
This collection houses correspondence and personal effects documenting Robert L. Forrester, Jr.'s service and death in the Army Air Corps during World War II.
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces -- Airmen -- Biography. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Caribbean Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less