Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 28
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
This collection features two letters written from Carmichael Bohnson to his aunt Alice - one during his enrollment in the United States Army Air Force at Vanderbilt University and the other from his time spent in the Military Intelligence Service in Washington, D.C.
This collection includes V-mail correspondence sent by Charles Warr during 1944 from France and Germany. In these four notes to his future wife Virginia Campbell, Warr comments on conditions and the status of the war.
This collection contains various correspondence, permits, and newspaper clippings documenting Clifford Davis' service during and after World War II.
This collection documents the World War II service of Major Cortland A. Bassett. The collection includes correspondence, military documents, photographs, publications, newspaper clippings, and more that document his time with th 10th Armored Division in training and in the European Theater of War.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection features correspondence between Sy Hyman and Dennis Coughlin as well as a collection of diary entries made by Hyman in 1946 from his World War II service.
This collection contains the World War II correspondence, postcards, and news clippings kept by Florine W. Harper between 1942 and 1945.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
This collection of correspondence, photographs, and currency documents part of Harry A. Waddington's service in the Third Infantry Division of the Seventh Army Front in both the European and Pacific fronts during World War II.
Included is the correspondence from Robert H. Foster to his grandparents (Mr. and Mrs. G.L. Hill), mother (Ida Louise Hill ), sister (Dorothy Hill), and aunt (Mrs. Hollis Nunley) during his time served in WWII. Also included is a letter from Jean Brasfield to Mrs. Hill.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection includes several letters written to World War II soldier Jerome Kaufman, who served with the U.S. Navy, from his family and wife, as well as military documents from his service.
Collection includes 3 issues of a newsletter, Cobbie's Chatter, put together by World War II soldier Marion Cobb to provide updates to friends and family. Also included are two photocopied newspaper clippings.
This collection contains letters both addressed to and written by N. E. Fitzgerald, a professor and Dean at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The letters are correspondence between N. E. Fitzgerald and former students, then serving in all theatres of operation during World War II. The correspondence dates from 1943 to 1946.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection features various documents and special orders, letters, and newspaper articles describing Richard Eckert's service as an Engineer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee during World War II.
This collection features correspondence and photographs from Robert Gentry's service in the US Armed Forces during World War II.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 21
- United States. Army. 11
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 5
- United States. Navy. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 4
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less