Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Betty J. Sparks Oral History, 2001, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Betty J. Sparks by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Lindsey Waller of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society.
The Carol Bell WAC Interviews, 1996, consists of audio recordings and transcripts of interviews with 20 women who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II. The interviews, conducted by Carol Owen Bell, set out to discover the long-term effects of military experience on women who served in the war.
Two portrait photographs of Geneva Thompson, who served with the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II, in uniform. Also included is a newspaper clipping regarding Thompson.
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
This collection contains a single letter from the American Red Cross concerning the transfer of Mrs. Benneson Janes during World War II.
This collection features documents, news articles, and photographs from Marinell St. Clair Eldredge's participation in the 1945 Aviation Psychology Program Flight Project at the University of Tennessee. She was certified as a pilot for the U.S. Air Forces in 1945.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 3
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less