Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 54
This collection consists of the personal papers of Ada Campbell Larew and includes manuscripts, historical essays, poems, plays, and short stories authored by Larew. Also available are personal correspondence, press clippings, and memorabilia.
The Albert Watt Hobt Papers consist of Hobt's collection of poems concerning sports. Poetry of Sport is a collection of works by many authors which Mr. Hobt hoped to incorporate into a volume of poetry praising sports and sportsmen.
The papers of Dr. Alwin Thaler consist of copy and notes used in the preparation of two books. One book was in co-editorship with Prof. Charles Mills Gayley. The book was Vol. IV of Gayley's Representative English Comedies. The second book whose galleys or printers proofs are in the collection is Thaler's Shakespeare and Democracy.
This collection includes manuscripts and galley proof material with handwritten edits and notes for Amazing Grace by Robert Drake.
This collection contains one cassette tape for the BBC Radio 3 program, "Knoxville: Summer of 1995," which was recorded October 3, 1995.
This collection consists of correspondence, publications, course materials, and other items documenting the education, life, and work of Ben Harris McClary and several of his close friends. Most materials date from between 1959 and 2001.
This collection consists of Professor Ben McClary's collection of James Agee material. The collection includes books by and about Agee, newspaper and magazine articles, as well as original research and articles by McClary. Also included are memorial articles and correspondence about Father James Harold Flye.
This collection contains material documenting the life and accomplishments of William Robert Anderson, Captain of the USS Nautilus SSN 571 during the Cold War and Tennessee Congressman in the 1960s and early 1970s.
The collection consists of letter correspondence between Cormac McCarthy and fellow writer John Fergus Ryan between the years of 1975 to 1986. The writers discussed their daily life, successes, and disappointments.
This collection containing 15 folders of letters to poet Corneille McCarn covers approximately 30 years of correspondence with McCarn family and friends.
This collection houses a corrected galley proof of Harry Harrison Kroll's novel Darker Grows the Valley.
Collection contains manuscripts of plays and books written by David Madden, including play manuscripts, notes and rough drafts for several novels, early manuscripts, printer's copies, proofs, and other work related to Madden's publications.
This collection contains the papers of author and professor Durwood Dunn of Tennessee Wesleyan College. The collection includes copies of Dunn's scholarly work, historical research on the American Civil War, abolitionism, and the Appalachian region, and correspondence with coworkers, researchers, and friends. Items in the collection include copies of historical documents used for research, drafts of publications, and correspondence from the publishing process.
This collection houses research and manuscripts that Ethel Freytag and Glena Kreis Ott used to write A History of Morgan County, Tennessee.
This reel-to-reel tape, entitled Evelyn Scott, A Rediscovery, contains a recording of Peggy Bach, David Madden, and Louis Simpson discussing Bach's biography of Tennessee author Evelyn Scott. The tape was recorded by LSU's Television-Radio Service in 1984.
In this letter, Evelyn Scott informs Mr. Northwall (an admirer of her work in Chicago) that she has received his special delivery.
The bulk of the collection contains correspondence between Evelyn Scott, her family, friends, and business associates written between 1948 and 1956. Also available are drafts of unpublished works including The Gravestones Wept and Evelyn Scott’s autobiography, Scott’s scrapbook, and a small collection of other personal papers.
This collection, the Evelyn Scott/John Metcalfe Letters, 1958-1964, consists of letters from either Scott or Metcalfe to Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Lyle or to Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Trahern in Clarksville, Tenn. Many of the letters discuss Evelyn's health, family, and friends from Clarksville.
This collection houses newspaper clippings describing Mary Noailles Murfree and her work, lists of Murfree's books in U.T.'s library, a postcard depicting the Stones River Battlefield, a photograph of William Law Murfree's home in Nashville, and a typewritten manuscript entitled "Grantland Before the Civil War" by Fanny N. D. Murfree.
- Subject: Authors, American -- Tennessee. X
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 46
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 11
- American literature -- 20th century. 4
- American literature -- Women authors. 4
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 4
- American literature -- Southern States. 3
- Poets, American -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 3
- Authors, American -- Tennessee -- Nashville. 2
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 2
- Agee, James, 1909-1955 -- Correspondence. 1
- Agee, James, 1909-1955 -- Manuscripts. 1
- Agee, James, 1909-1955 -- Musical settings. 1
- Agee, James, 1909-1955. Knoxville, summer 1915. 1
- Audiotapes. 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 1
- Authors, American -- Georgia. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Children's literature, American. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Handicraft -- Appalachian Region, Southern. 1
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845 -- Fiction. 1
- Jackson, Rachel, 1767-1828 -- Fiction. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Letters. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Murfreesboro (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta -- Patients -- United States. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Biography. 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee. 1
- Protestantism -- History. 1
- Short stories, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Short stories, American -- Women authors. 1
- Southern States -- Genealogy. 1
- Sports -- Poetry. 1
- Tennessee -- Fiction. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Underwater exploration -- Arctic ocean 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1953-1961. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Utopias -- Religious aspects. 1
- Women authors, American. 1
- Women poets, American -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Tennessee -- Fiction. 1
- book manuscripts 1 ∧ less