Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
74th General Hospital Collection
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
74th General Hospital Photographs
This collection features 18 photographs and one postcard depicting various activities of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
A Short Guide to Great Britain
This collection features a single copy of A Short Guide to Great Britain, a booklet printed for U.S. military personnel.
Al Yeomans Map Collection
This collection includes maps of Central Europe, the Middle and Near East, Scandinavia, Austria, and Alaska as well as a regional atlas and a world map all dating from the early to mid 20th century.
Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s “Escape through Enemy Territory”
This collection includes one photocopy of Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s autobiography, “Escape through Enemy Territory.” The story details Cox’s service with the U. S. Army Air Corps during World War II in the European Theater, including his experience of being shot down over France, spending time with a French family before escaping to Spain, and spending a month in a Spanish prison before being rescued.
Arthur D. Lewis Photographs
This collection contains 36 World War II photographs from Arthur D. Lewis who served in the European Theater.
Barwick O. Barfield Memoir
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
Ben Franklin Collection
This collection includes publications kept by Ben Franklin about the Fifteenth Air Force (established in 1943 during WWII). The first publication documents the first 40 years of Fifteenth Air Force 1943-1983, the second and third publications are Fifteenth Air Force “Sorties” from 1989.
Digby G. Seymour Collection
World War II documents and photographs of veteran Digby G. Seymour including pieces of Japanese currency and photographs of a Nazi Party rally in Austria.
Dwight L. McReynolds Collection
This collection includes photographs, maps, papers, newspapers, documents, booklets, and other publications kept by Brig. General Dwight L. McReynolds during his service in World War II (European Theater) and shortly after.
Ellen Garrison News Clippings
This collection includes news articles and a news release notice from World War II.
Elmore Allen Green Collection
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
Emil C. Baar Scrapbook
This collection includes photographs and postcards from Emil C. Baar's time in England and France serving in World War II in 1945.
Ernest Barlow Collection
This collection includes two daily records of events documenting Ernest Barlow's company's movements from March 1944 through July 1945. Barlow served during World War II with Company A of the 44th Engineer Battalion.
Gena S. Sharp Collection
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
George Remaley Collection
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
Horace L. Simpson, Jr. Papers
This collection houses newspaper articles from 1938 Florida newspapers. These items document the intensification of the Nazi threat to world stability during 1938.
James and Winifred Carter Photograph Album
This collection features 40 photographs of the 74th General Hospital, specifically of Ward 14.
James "J. D." Blankenship Jr. Collection
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 23
- United States. Army. 11
- World War, 1939-1945. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 4
- United States. Army Air Forces. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Office of War Information. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Causes. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less