Ruskin Cave College Collection
The Ruskin Cave College Collection, 1912-1965 (bulk 1912-1918), provides a look at a small private school in Ruskin, Tenn. in the early 1900s. Through correspondence, special event programs, brochures, and meeting minutes of the alumni organization, the school's emphasis on music education is seen. While the letters in the collection primarily deal with a reunion of Ruskin Cave College alumni in the 1960s, the programs and brochures shed light on the activities of the students. These items document commencement ceremonies, graduation recitals, literary club meetings, and other special events from 1912-1918. Additionally, the Alumnae Meeting Book includes a list of organizational members and outlines the business discussed at the group's yearly meetings.
- 1912-1965 (bulk 1912-1918)
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.3 Linear Feet
The Ruskin Cave College Collection, 1912-1965 (bulk 1912-1918), includes letters, event programs, brochures, and alumni organization meeting minutes which document the activities of students and alumni of the small school in Ruskin, Tenn.
Established in 1904, Ruskin Cave College was located on the former grounds of the Ruskin Colony in Ruskin, Tenn. (Dickson County). Headed by R. E. Smith and Colonel R. J. Kelley, the college provided both male and female students with the highest spiritual and literary training in the Grammar and High School grades, as prescribed by law, with an excellent course in vocal and instrumental music.
Collection consists of three folders.
This collection is property of Special Collections.
Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA