Ruskin College Collection
This collection contains a book purchased for Ruskin College visitors to sign. It contains twenty-three pages of signatures (and in some cases, addresses) of visitors between 1931 and 1959. Also included are several pieces of correspondence addressed to Mrs. H. N. Dunbar, a teacher at Ruskin.
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.2 Linear Feet
This collection contains a book purchased for Ruskin College visitors to sign. It contains twenty-three pages of signatures (and in some cases, addresses) of visitors between 1931 and 1959.
Established in 1904, Ruskin Cave College was located on the former grounds of the Ruskin Colony in Ruskin, Tenn. (Dickson County). Headed by R. E. Smith and Colonel R. J. Kelley, the college provided both male and female students with the highest spiritual and literary training in the Grammar and High School grades, as prescribed by law, with an excellent course in vocal and instrumental music.
No biographical information is available regarding Mrs. H. N. Dunbar.
For further materials related to Ruskin Cave College, see also MS 2268.
Collection consists of two folders.
This collection was donated to the University of Tennessee Libraries, Knoxville, Special Collections.