Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

Alumni Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0104

This collection houses publications, minutes, notes, directories, memorabilia, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Alumni Association.

Dates

  • 1905-1984
  • Majority of material found within 1933-1984

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

13 Linear Feet

Abstract

This collection houses publications, minutes, notes, directories, memorabilia, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Alumni Association.

Biographical/Historical Note

The University of Tennessee's Alumni Association is one of the oldest in the country, having begun in 1836 at a meeting of Blount College and East Tennessee College graduates. The Association was formally established in 1874 at East Tennessee University (now the University of Tennessee). Regional offices, primarily located in Tennessee, developed during the late 19th and early 20th centuries and flourished under the presidency of James D. Hoskins. The Association was reorganized in 1969 in order to include graduates from all campuses and institutes and today claims more than 300,000 members.

Arrangement

This collection consists of thirteen boxes.

Acquisition Note

These records are property of the University of Tennessee's Archives.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480