Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

Jim Nance McCord Dairy Building Dedication Collection

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0180

This collection contains a ticket, a dedication program, an invitation, and a copy of the November 1949 Tennessee Extension Review documenting the dedication of the Jim Nance McCord Dairy Building.

Dates

  • 1949

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet

Abstract

This collection contains a ticket, a dedication program, an invitation, and a copy of the November 1949 Tennessee Extension Review documenting the dedication of the Jim Nance McCord Dairy Building.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Jim Nance McCord Dairy Building was opened in 1949 as part of the University of Tennessee's expansion in response to a rapidly growing student population after World War II. It housed eight laboratories, a creamery, and machinery for milk sanitation and the manufacture of butter, cheese, and ice cream.

Arrangement

Collection consists of a single folder.

Acquisition Note

Collection was donated to University Archives.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480