Universities and colleges -- Tennessee.
Found in 302 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of two rolls of stickers, five buttons, and a stack of bumper stickers commemorating the University of Tennessee's 175th Anniversary in 1969.
This collection contains seven color photographs showing the house standing at 2022 Terrace Avenue and the adjoining parking lot before the University of Tennessee demolished the structure in 2005.
This collection houses a 1977 newsletter for academic advisors at the University of Tennessee. It includes information about program name changes, changes in education law requirements, and changes in deans and other administrative personnel.
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses an annual report, entitled 88 Years of Agricultural Research in Tennessee, 1882-1970, that the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Experiment Station published in 1969.
This survey documents the experiment station farm (located on the University of Tennessee's Knoxville Campus) in 1896.
This collection houses materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Extension Service.
This collection consists of photographs taken by Alan S. Heilman of the University of Tennessee's Department of Botany. These images depict faculty members, students, meetings, fieldtrips, groups of people, and the biology building after it was destroyed by fire in 1934. The bulk of the photographs were taken between 1960 and 2004. The collection also houses negatives dating from 1962 to 1986.
This collection houses publications, patches, stickers, posters, and framed and signed photographs documenting Professor Albert T. Ichiki's work on the Spacelab Life Sciences 1 Mission (STS 40) and on the Spacelab Life Sciences 2 Mission (STS 58). It also includes several papers written by Ichiki's students about cancer research, slides of rat specimens not included in the Spacelab experiments, Ichiki's grant application to the American Heart Association, and two handwritten notebooks.
This collection consists of papers belonging to Alfred Leo Schmied, piano professor at the University of Tennessee from 1947-1977 and head of the Music Department from 1952-1972. Schmied was a member of several national music organizations and was educated by world-renowned instructors. He himself was renowned for his nationally-recognized excellence in piano and his legacy in music education.
This minute book documents the activities of the University of Tennessee's All Students' Club from 1947 to 1954. Among the topics discussed are Carnicus (a carnival held on campus to raise money for University of Tennessee fraternities and sororities), plans for a Student Union Building, accusations of Communist activity leveled against UT faculty, and potential campus improvements.
This collection contains invitations, stage directions, drafts of prepared remarks, and programs documenting events and dedications on the University of Tennessee's Knoxville campus. These occasions include President’s Dinners, building dedications, retirement honors, and other events. All of this material was generated by the Special Events Division of the Alumni Affairs Office.
This collection consists of a copy of Alternate Facilities Program: Renovation of the Alumni Memorial Building dated March 11, 1996.
This collection houses meeting minutes, correspondence, and other materials documenting the Tennessee Conference of the American Association of University Professors. The topics covered include membership, policy resolutions, and legislative affairs in addition to notes and reports on complaints and grievances on the administration of various Tennessee universities.
This collection houses meeting minutes, correspondence, and other materials documenting the Tennessee Conference of the American Association of University Professors. The topics covered include membership, policy resolutions, and legislative affairs.
This collection houses correspondence, reports, brochures, and minutes documenting the University of Tennessee chapter of the American Association of University Professors. Most of the material dates from 1954 to 1959.
This collection houses correspondence, committee records, rosters, financial statements, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee chapter of the American Association of University Professors between 1965 and 1991.
This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.
The University of Tennessee's School of Natural History and Geology awarded this certificate of proficiency with distinction to Angus E. Orr on June 8, 1887.