Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

An act to change the name of East Tennessee University

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0110

This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.

Dates

  • 1879 March 11

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet

Abstract

This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.

Biographical/Historical Note

The institution's names have indluded Blount College (1794–1807), East Tennessee College (1807–1840), East Tennessee University (1840–1879), and the University of Tennessee (1879–present).

Arrangement

This collection consists of a single folder.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480