Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

School of Journalism Records

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0557

This collection contains administrative files from the University of Tennessee's School of Journalism, including a description of the 1959 curriculum, information on scholarships, financial information, and information on such distinguished professors as Turner Catledge.

Dates

  • 1957-1974

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.9 Linear Feet

Abstract

This collection contains administrative files from the University of Tennessee's School of Journalism, including a description of the 1959 curriculum, information on scholarships, financial information, and information on such distinguished professors as Turner Catledge.

Biographical/Historical Note

Willis C. Tucker organized the University of Tennessee's School of Journalism in 1947. The program expanded in 1953 when sequences in radio and television were added. The School moved to Circle Park and joined the Department of Advertising to become the College of Communication (now the College of Communication and Information) in 1969. The radio and television sequences became the Department of Broadcasting in 1971, but they returned in 2002 to form the School of Journalism and Electronic Media.

Arrangement

Collection consists of nine folders.

Acquisition Note

Collection was transferred to University Archives.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480