Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at UT

Department of Engineering Report

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0609

This brochure, entitled A Legacy of Accountability, constitutes a pictorial report for the College of Engineering during 2007.

Dates

  • 2007

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet

Abstract

This brochure, entitled A Legacy of Accountability, constitutes a pictorial report for the College of Engineering during 2007.

Biographical/Historical Note

The University of Tennessee's first engineering classes were held in 1838. The School of Engineering was organized in 1877 and the Tennessee State Legislature authorized the University to grant advanced Engineering degrees in 1879. The engineering program was housed in the Mechanical Building until 1898, when they were moved to the new Estabrook Hall. The School, which later became a College, has occupied several other structures since, including Ferris Hall, Perkins Hall, and the Dougherty Engineering Building. The College has also expanded significantly, adding such sub-specialties as Electrical Engineering and Nuclear Engineering and instituting doctoral programs in the 1950s. Today, the College is very highly regarded and continues to form a valuable part of the University system.

Arrangement

Collection consists of a single folder.

Acquisition Note

This collection was transferred to University Archives in 2008.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480