Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at UT

Department of Nuclear Engineering Self Study

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0622

The University of Tennessee's Department of Nuclear Engineering completed this self-study in 2007.

Dates

  • 2007

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet

Abstract

The University of Tennessee's Department of Nuclear Engineering completed this self-study in 2007.

Biographical/Historical Note

The University of Tennessee's Department of Nuclear Engineering was formed as a part of the College of Engineering in 1957. Its development was made possible by the Atomic Energy Commission, which was then encouraging the development of University level nuclear engineering programs. UT also collaborated extensively with the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which provided invaluable support to the program. The Department was originally housed in Perkins Hall but later moved to Dougherty Hall and finally to the Pasqua Engineering Building. It continues to form a valuable section of the College of Engineering today.

Arrangement

Collection consists of one item.

Acquisition Note

This collection was transferred to University Archives.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480