University of Tennessee Medical Department Graduating Class 1894
This 24 x 20.5- inch photograph depicts the the 1894 graduating class of the University of Tennesee's Medical Department. Pictured in the center is the faculty of the department and surrounding them are the graduating students. Under each student portrait was his name and hometown. A majority of the students came from the state of the university.
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.1 Linear Feet
This 24 x 20.5- inch photograph depicts the graduating class of the University of Tennessee Medical Department of 1894. It shows individual portraits, names, and hometowns of graduating students. The department's faculty are pictured in the center.
The University of Tennessee's Medical Department was established in 1879 and merged with Nashville Medical College in 1909, forming the University of Nashville Medical Department. It was among the first in the South to offer M.D. degrees. After the shift to Nashville in 1911, the entire college moved to Memphis and was named University of Tennessee College of Medicine. The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) is part of the American Association of Medical Colleges and is accredited by LCME and ACGME. A majority portion of the faculty today are part of the UT Medical Group.
Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA