University of Tennessee Postcard Collection,
This collection consists of four post cards of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville circa 1910-1912, referred to as Tennessee State University, Knoxville. Locations include a road leading to Humes Hall; Morrill Hall; the Main Entrance to the University via the Hill; and the YMCA building. The cards were printed by the Albertype Co. in Brooklyn, NY.
- circa 1910-1912
Conditions Governing Access
Manuscript and University Archives collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 24 hours is needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.1 Linear Feet
This collection contains four postcards with pictures of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, referred to as Tennessee State University, Knoxville on the cards, at notable locations from 1910-1912.
This collection consists of four post cards depicting locations at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus between 1910-1912. The postcards refer to the university as Tennessee State University, Knoxville.
Locations include a road leading to the first Humes Hall, originally built as North College in 1840 and demolished in 1948; the first Morrill Hall, built as an agriculture studies building in 1908 and burned down between the late 1930s and early 1940s; the Main Entrance to the University via the Hill; and the YMCA building, first built in 1891 and subsequently burned down in 1943.
This collection was donated by Earl Copeland Jr. in November 1972.