Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of the personal papers of Ada Campbell Larew and includes manuscripts, historical essays, poems, plays, and short stories authored by Larew. Also available are personal correspondence, press clippings, and memorabilia.
This appeal bond on behalf of Cherokee Chief Nunna Hi-Diha Pathkiller was signed by Return J Meigs III, Pathkiller’s acting attorney. The material included in the collection is an appeal bond to the Supreme Court at Knoxville. The case was a contest over the title to lands settled by the Blair Family in what is now Loudon, Tennessee. Ultimately, the courts sided with the Blair Family.
This collection consists of two papers written by William H. Thomas on Colonel Return Jonathon Meigs and the Eastern Cherokee Claims.
This book, titled Cash Book for Monies belonging to the Cherokee Indian Factories, contains a listing of debits and credits to Cherokee Indian factories in Tellico, Tennessee and Coleraine, Georgia from March 10, 1797 to April 26, 1798.
This collection features a letter from John Williams to Col. Gideon Morgan regarding relations between the Cherokee Indians and the U.S. government.
Joseph E. Clemm began this diary on June 22, 1819 with the intention of making the gift of this journal to him [the reader] at some future period. The early part of this work is devoted to Clemm's activities in Augusta, Georgia. Later on, Clemm describes a trip to Tennessee to collect an overdue debt, during which he passes through the Cherokee Nation.
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, articles, newsclippings, pamphlets, and books concerning author Laura Thornburgh and her book, The Great Smoky Mountains.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Women. 1
- Appalachian Region. 1
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Georgia -- History. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Industries. 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Georgia -- Description and travel. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Shelbyville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Description and travel. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 1
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less