Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Artificial collection of ephemera items related to the history of Knoxville, Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more.
Dates: 1452, 1776-2011
Essay on H. Clay Evans' 1894 Run for Governor of Tennessee
This collection contains one short essay on H. Clay Evans' run for governor of Tennessee in 1894. It mentions his opponent Walter Brownlow and Evans' asking that soldiers from the Civil War not be allowed to vote in the election for the Republican nomination.
The Congressional Canvass
Abstract Benjamin F. Lillard published this broadside, entitled The Congressional Canvass. To the People of the Fifth Congressional District, composed of the Counties of Franklin, Lincoln, Marshall, Moore, Bedford, Coffee, and Rutherford, during his unsuccessful bid for John Bright Morgan's Congressional seat. In it, he introduces himself as a Democratic candidate and outlines his campaign platform, which includes repealing the National Banking Act, repealing tax laws affecting medicine, whiskey,...
Union League of America Circular
This circular was distributed before the Tennessee gubernatorial election of 1868 in order to explain why the Conservative Party of Tennessee and their candidate, Emerson Etheridge, should be neither elected nor believed.
Dates: circa 1867
- Elections -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 2
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Elections -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lexington (Ky.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History. 1
- Railroads -- Illinois. 1
- Railroads -- Southern States. 1
- Rutherford County (Tenn.) -- History. 1 ∧ less