Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection features photographs, news articles, book excerpts, and other papers from Charles Bray's military service during World War II and his time living in Vietnam while working with the Central Intelligence Agency.
This collection consists of a manuscript titled, Charles S. Lindsay, Bomb Disposal Officer Coming of Age in Okinawa by Paul N. Birdwell and Charles S. Lindsay's memoir South of Yontan Okinawa. Also included is a transcript of an interview with Charles S. Lindsay by Paul N. Birdwell.
World War II documents and photographs of veteran Digby G. Seymour including pieces of Japanese currency and photographs of a Nazi Party rally in Austria.
Articles written by World War II veteran Eric Aberg on atomic weaponry, specifically the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
This collection, created by World War II veteran H. P. Griffith, contains a single copy of the newspaper Stars and Stripes, Pacific edition, from October 3, 1945, as well as military and Japanese currency.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
This collection contains photographs of the Philippines and a transcript of a Japanese diary donated by Owen Musgrove who was deployed with the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 6
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 2
- United States. Navy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less