Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Bolivar Female Academy Songsheet
This songsheet, printed by Kinsloe & Rice of Knoxville, Tennessee, displays the lyrics of a closing school song to be sung at the 1856 graduation of the Bolivar Female Academy.
Head-Quarters, Post of Bolivar, Generals Orders No. 12
The collection contains a three page letter, dated April 16, 1863, written by General Mason Brayman, during the Civil War. The letter is in regards to General Brayman's orders against spies and guerrillas in West Tennessee. "All entering the lines must report to Provost Marshall, all trading permits are revoked, all persons not in the service of the U.S. wearing any part of the uniform, will be treated as spies and guerrillas..."
J. S. Hanna Letter
A handwritten letter from J. S. Hanna to an unknown recipient written circa November 24, 1862 from Fort Saunderson, Bolivar, TN. The letter discusses his time at his time at the fort including sickness and weather.
- Subject: Bolivar (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Correspondence. 1
- Hardeman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less