Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains sections of three documents bearing the autographs of General John C. Brown, General Bushrod Johnson, and General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
This collection consists of an autograph book of Confederate officers' signatures, compiled by Captain Robert M. McIntire while a prisoner of war at Johnson's Island in Lake Erie from 1863 to 1865. The collection also includes a twenty dollar bill issued by the Confederate States of America, two postcards featuring a silhouette of General Robert E. Lee on his horse Traveler, one postcard featuring The Only Confederate Drum Corps In Existence, and a Confederate battle flag pin.
This collection is a diary written by William A. Mayo of Monroe County, Tennessee between the years 1861 and 1866.
This Confederate pay voucher, written on Form No. 3 (Officers Pay Account), documents Captain William Jennings' pay from September 1, 1862 through November 28, 1862. Captains were paid $140.00 per month, so Jennings received a total of $410.67 for his service during this period. Receipt of delivery signed on the pay voucher places Captain Jennings in Knoxville, Tennessee on April 13, 1863.
- Subject: Confederate States of America. Army -- Officers. X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Autographs. 1
- Confederate States of America. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Kentucky Cavalry Regiment, 2nd. 1
- Johnson Island Prison. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Autographs. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1 ∧ less