Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Eleanora Willauer Diary
This collection consists of the Confederate diary of Eleanora Willauer, of Dickson County, Tennessee, written between October 1, 1862 and November 9, 1869.
Dates: 1862 October 1-1869 November 9
Elizabeth Baker Crozier Journal
Abstract In this journal, Elizabeth (Baker) Crozier describes life in Knoxville during the siege of 1863. She recounts Union troops plundering and burning her home as well as destroying the homes of her friends and neighbors. She also recalls the kindness of others as she and her husband attempted to reestablish a home and life for their family. In a small excerpt at the end, Crozier also writes of the death of her brother, Dr. Henry Baker, at the hands of Union troops. This document is a typewritten...
Pinckney Latham Collection
Abstract In this diary, Pinckney Latham describes his service with Company A of the 4th Tennessee Infantry (CSA), nicknamed the Shelby Grays. Early entries mention troop movements, Latham's capture on February 12, 1865 near Memphis, Tennessee, and his parole at Vicksburg the following month. The diary goes on to describe his assignment to Meridian, Mississippi, including his journey to Meridian, the people he meets, the girls he sees, his activities when off duty, the weather, the progress of the...
Dates: 1860 February 28, 1865 January 6-1867 November 10, 1952; Majority of material found within 1865-1867
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women. 2
- Women -- Tennessee -- Diaries. 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Meridian (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Selma (Ala.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1 ∧ less