Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 98
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1970. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
These reprints, collected by Dr. J. Wesley Hoffmann of the UT History Department, document important scholarship in the fields of History, Classics, English, and Education. Among the major authors represented are John L. Snell, Leo Loubire, and Robert D. Warth. The reprints are arranged alphabetically by author and then by title.
This collection houses records documenting the Institute for Public Service from 1979 to 1983.
The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (including the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the Agricultural Experiment Station, and the UT Extension Service) published this newsletter in May of 2008. It discusses a $26 million Department of Energy grant and provides news on faculty activities among other topics.
This collection houses a three-volume report documenting the state of the University of Tennessee's Interdisciplinary Programs in 1995.
This brochure lists the events that the Issues Committee planned to host during the fall of 1997, including a nuclear physicist lecturing on UFO’s, an animal rights panel discussion, a lecture on ethnic and religious conflict in Latin America, and a lecture on leadership by New York Governor George Pataki. The brochure also provides a list of the Committee's officers and members.
The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, speeches, notes, and other materials documenting James D. Hoskins' work with the University of Tennessee during the 1930s and 1940s. Other materials show his involvement with the Sons of the Revolution, the genealogy of the Hoskins family, and Tennessee history.
This collection houses The Torch freshman magazine for 1937-1938, the University of Tennessee News Letter for June 1937, and a promotional magazine for the Tennessee-Georgia football game in October of 1937 documenting James E. Patterson's time at UT.
This manuscript, written in Latin, certifies that J. C. Henderson earned his A.B. at Tusculum College in 1843. It is signed by Samuel Doak, President of the institution.
The University of Tennessee's Judaic Studies Program published this newsletter in 2003. It contains information about faculty activities, the Program Director’s activities, invited lecturers, performances, teaching, and public service.
This collection houses a handbook describing the University of Tennessee's Kingsport Graduate Study Program, including information about policies and course offerings.
This issue of the Knoxville Magazine (October/November 2006) contains an article evaluating the changes that the lottery scholarship has caused in the University of Tennessee's student body.
This collection houses materials (primarily requests and recommendations for purchases) documenting the University of Tennessee Libraries' Lindsay Young Endowment.
This collection houses correspondence, data, statements of goals, budget materials, and other records documenting the University of Tennessee's Master Plan for Space and Facilities.
This collection houses a catalog listing courses offered during the 2000 miniterm. The cover is designed with a nautical theme and depicts a compass.
This collection houses news summaries that the University of Tennessee's Office of Public Relations prepared during the latter half of 1996. Summaries were issued on each weekday and include updates on University news, information about current research being conducted at the University, important news from other Universities, and information about state funds for higher education, among other topics.
This collection houses materials documenting research projects on the University of Tennessee's campus, including research initiatives and expenditures.
This collection houses the records of the Office of the Senior Vice President at the University of Tennessee, Nashville. Of particular interest are the files documenting UT Nashville's merger with Tennessee State University.
This collection houses financial, administrative, and personnel files documenting the University Historian’s Office. This unit was composed of the Historian, a research associate, and graduate and undergraduate Student Assistants.
- Subject: Education, Higher -- Tennessee. X
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 93
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 77
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 54
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 5
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 5
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- History -- Study and teaching. 3
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 2
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 2
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 1
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- Architecture -- Poland. 1
- Carthage (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cholera -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Christian life -- United States. 1
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Debates and debating -- Societies, etc. 1
- Economics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Gibson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845 -- Correspondence. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Kingsport (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Music -- Instruction and study. 1
- Nuclear engineering -- Study and teaching. 1
- Personnel management -- Congresses. 1
- Public relations -- Study and teaching. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 1
- Science -- Periodicals. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee 1
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- Catalogs. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Planning. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 1
- Veterinary medicine -- Study and teaching. 1
- Vocational education -- Congresses. 1
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less
- English 97
- Latin 1