Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
David Deaderick Papers
Abstract This collection contains various deeds, receipts, and legal papers concerning the Deaderick family, particularly David Deaderick (1754-1823) and his son David Anderson Deaderick (1797-1873), between 1785 and 1838 in the Washington County area of Tennessee. It also includes a typescript copy of an original diary by the son, David Anderson Deaderick. The diary contains information about his life from 1825 to 1873, including his time in Jonesborough and Knoxville, his travels abroad, his...
East Tennessee Educational Association Program
Abstract This small program, for the Fourth Annual Meeting of the East Tennessee Educational Association, is missing its center pages. On the back of the front cover, it lists the Officers, the members of the Executive Committee, the Music Committee, and the Reception and Entertainment Committee. On the front of the back cover, it lists events from Friday evening and Saturday morning. The back cover has a call for attendance, lodging information and prices, and rules for presentations, written...
Dates: 1898 August 24-27
Artificial collection of ephemera items related to the history of Knoxville, Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more.
Dates: 1452, 1776-2011
John Collinsworth Court Summons
This collection contains a single document written by David Campbell on August 15, 1794. The document is a court summons for John Collinsworth, a Washington County, Tennessee resident, to receive judgment for the money he owed fellow Washington County resident John King.
Dates: 1794 August 15
Jonesboro, Tennessee Circulating Library Catalogue
Collection — Folder: 1
Leaflet listing available titles and regulations for using the Jonesboro, Tennessee Circulating Library.
Dates: circa 1885
Jonesborough, Tennessee Sesqui-Centennial Program
Abstract This collection contains a program describing the events of the Sesqui-Centennial in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The Sesqui-Centennial marks the 150th anniversary of the founding of Jonesborough in 1779. The front of the program lists many events, several commencing at 10:00 a.m. The inside lists floats and a pageant at 2:00 in the afternoon. Judge Samuel C. Williams presided over the celebration, and music was provided by the Kingsport Band. The main event seems to have been the presentation...
Dates: 1930 July 4
O. L. Hensley Photographs
This collection houses a number of studio portraits taken by O. L. Hensley in Jonesboro, Tennessee. Although none of the images are identified, a few seem to have been used as samples in Hensley's business.
Dates: circa 1870s-circa 1900s
- Subject: Jonesborough (Tenn.) X
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 6
- Banks and banking -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- County courts -- Tennessee. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee. 1
- Courts -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Elections -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lexington (Ky.) -- History. 1
- Library resources -- Tennessee. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History. 1
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 1
- Railroads -- Illinois. 1
- Railroads -- Southern States. 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 1 ∧ less