Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Knoxville Community Planning Council Records
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
Some Themes in the Early Life of William G. Brownlow
This collection consists of a senior thesis on William G. Brownlow originally submitted to the history department of Princeton University by Gordon Bonnyman Jr. The thesis discusses Brownlow's early life, career as a circuit rider, and some themes to 1860.
W. Gibbs McAdoo Letter
The W. Gibbs McAdoo letter, written November 8, 1860, describes the mood in Knoxville, Tenn., after Lincoln's election. He also tells of an incident in which someone tied a tin bucket and a note reading "Going out of the Union" to a dog and turned it loose on Gay Street.
Wesley T. Kennerly Papers
William G. Brownlow Papers
This collection consists primarily of letters documenting William Gannaway Parson Brownlow's service as Governor of Tennessee and showing the problems that Tennessee faced during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Also included are letters to and from Brownlow's son John Bell Brownlow.
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- Governors -- Tennessee. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 2
- Democratic Party (Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Secession -- Southern States. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Officials and employees. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less