Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Erwin B. Bigger Oral History
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
Frank Gross Papers
This collection consists of clippings, programs, correspondence, awards, photographs, and an audio CD pertaining to Frank Gross's time in Korea and his musical career.
Gordon R. Beem Oral History
This collection consists of an interview with Gordon R. Beem for the Veteran's Oral History Project, Center for the Study of War and Society, March 28, 2000. Mr. Beem served as a major of the United States Air Force in Korea.
J. Richard Vincent Memoir
This collection consists of All Hands Man Your Battle Stations, a memoir written by J. R. Vincent. He was a former AOM USNR who fought in World War II and Korea.
James R. Henderson Interview
This collection houses a transcript of an interview that G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn Meunier conducted with James R. Henderson on March 29, 2002 as part of the Veterans Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. In it, Henderson discusses his childhood in New York City, his time in the Army during the Korean War, his postwar career as a New York City police officer, and his later life in Sevier County, Tennessee.
"My Korean War Experience"
This collection is a single 57-page typed document written by retired U.S. Army Colonel John B. McKinney. The document is a first-person account of his experiences in the Korean War and spans the years 1946 to approximately 1953.
Neal O'Steen Oral History
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
Perry Goad Oral History
In this interview (conducted on 2001 April 5 as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Perry Goad describes his childhood in Sunbright, Tennessee, his service with the Army during the Korean War, and his postwar life working in a hosiery factory in Harriman, Tennessee.
W. Lewis Wood Oral History
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
Wilson-Wade Family Papers
- Subject: Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 5
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 4
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Harriman (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hosiery industry -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Campaigns -- Korea (North) -- Changjin Reservoir. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Songs and music. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- New York (N.Y.). Police Dept. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less