Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists of two handwritten diaries belonging to Archibald D. Paul with daily recordings of his activity on his farm between 1834 and 1864.
This collection contains marriage bonds, land deeds, and other legal documents of Rhea County, Tennessee, dating from 1785 to 1893.
This manuscript is composed of eight typed pages of land ownership records for Washington and Southern Liberties, Tennessee dating from 1813 to 1860. Also included are three pages of sketched plat maps and one page regarding Mrs. Martha Gist's death in 1831. Mrs. C. P. (Virginia) Kelley transcribed all of these records in 1966 and indicated the source of each item (including newspaper articles, deed indices, and tax lists) at the beginning of the relevant section.
This collection houses tax lists, summons, warrants, lists, notes, deeds, wills, and inventories documenting the history of Rhea County, Tennessee.
This collection consists of a book of minutes for meetings of the Luminary Baptist Church (Rhea County, Tenn.) from 1819-1839.
This collection includes a single typed manuscript, "Rhea Springs," written by Amanda Neal Wheelock. In the thirty-two page document, Wheelock details the cultural history of Rhea Springs, Tennessee, as remembered by the author. Heavily focusing on the Rhea Springs Church, she also describes its congregation and their individual lives, which paints a detailed picture of the people and life of Rhea Springs.
Reverend Thomas Stringfield wrote this letter to the Reverend J. C. Bingham and Dr. Noah Levings from Bean's Station (Grainger County) Tennessee on April 19, 1846. In it, he reports on his activities as an itinerant Methodist preacher in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina, including the sermons he has preached, the Bible Societies he has founded, and the Bibles he has distributed in such places as Bean's Station (Tennessee), Asheville (North Carolina), and Jonesboro (Tennessee).
- Subject: Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Tennessee -- Religion. 2
- Buncombe County (N.C.) -- History. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Farm Life -- Appalachian Region, Southern. 1
- Farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hawkins County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Landowners -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Marriage records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Maury County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Scott County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Taxation -- Tennessee -- Rhea County -- Lists. 1
- Tennessee -- Church history. 1 ∧ less