Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
E. E. Pierce presented this history of Kingston and Roane County, Tennessee to the Provisional Rotary Club of Kingston on June 15, 1954. In the document, he discusses the county's founding, Kingston's organization, early schools and industries, prominent settlers, churches, population, and average weather conditions.
This collection consists of 38 articles by Snyder Roberts published in the Roane County News between December 30, 1981 and September 15, 1982.
In this deposition, Abraham Swaggerty testifies that he helped to survey 675 acres of land that the State of North Carolina granted to Robert Reed in 1787. This tract was included in a parcel that James Corbus and William Murphy disputed ownership of.
This collection consists of a letter from B. W. Martin of Harriman, Tennessee, to an unnamed woman, dated July 1, 1897. The letter describes how to take an eye test and lists prices for eyeglasses and watch repair.
This collection houses primarily photographs of the Church of God and its members taken by J. R. Campbell near Harriman and Hyatt, Tennessee, around 1910. Also included is a pamphlet by James W. Taylor entitled Alleghania. This document discusses the reasons for pro-Union feelings in East Tennessee and Knoxville's strategic importance.
This collection houses three legal documents created in Roane County, Tennessee. The first document is a marriage license for Hiram Babb and Malinda Griffis dated October 28, 1847; the second appoints J. J. Scarbraugh as a notary public on October 14, 1897 and is signed by then-governor of Tennessee Robert L. Taylor; the third is a bond posted by David Ferguson on November 15, 1848 regarding the marriage of Samuel D. Elkins and Martha Jane Wilson.
This ledger documents the Roane Iron Company from its founding in 1867 until its bankruptcy in 1932. Among these records are the minutes from corporate board meetings and shareholders meetings.
- Subject: Roane County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Harriman (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Church of God (Cleveland, Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- County courts -- Tennessee -- Roane County. 1
- Hamblen County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Iron industry and trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Iron mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Jewelers -- Tennessee. 1
- Kingston (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Marriage licenses -- Tennessee. 1
- Pentecostals -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less