Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Felix Kirk Letter
Felix Kirk wrote this letter to his father, John Kirk, from Knoxville on November 14, 1861. In it, he discuses a recent illness, mentions some old union devil who burned a bridge, and describes his unit's recent activities in Chattanooga and Knoxville. The reverse of the letter's final page bears a printed poem entitled Dixie: Southrons, hear your Country Call You!
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
George W. Ross Letter
In this letter to his sister, Rebecca F. Ross, George W. Ross relates news about his service with the Indiana 8th Cavalry.
Henry A. Colvin Special Order
This document instructs Henry Colvin to go to Decatur, Alabama from Nashville, Tennessee and procure missing rolls and returns for Tennessee.
J. S. Hanna Letter
A handwritten letter from J. S. Hanna to an unknown recipient written circa November 24, 1862 from Fort Saunderson, Bolivar, TN. The letter discusses his time at his time at the fort including sickness and weather.
James Cooper Letter
This collection contains a letter from Confederate soldier Jason Cooper, dated December 5, 1863 from Dalton, Ga. To his dear friend Farley, Cooper writes about the Confederate evacuation of Chattanooga, Tenn.
Julius E. Thomas Diary and Daybook
This collection contains the diary and daybook of Julius E. Thomas, 2nd Sergeant and Chief Bugler of Company F, 1st Tennessee Cavalry (Union). Entries range from August 5, 1864 through April 5, 1865. Thomas writes about the movement of his company throughout Tennessee. Part of the book contains notations of supplies used for construction.
Soldier Alexander B. Richards Civil War Letter
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
W. Dwight Reinhardt Letter
W. Dwight Reinhardt's July 8, 1862 letter to Sarah Blackburn in Yadkin County, NC, discusses that 23rd Tennessee Regiment (CSA) will soon move from Tupelo, MS, into Tennessee. He also passes along stories of skirmishes fought by the 4th North Carolina.
W. M. Creamer Letter
This collection consists of a letter, dated February 24, 1863 from Camp Cripplecrick, Tenn., from W. M. Creamer of the 90th Ohio Infantry to his cousin, M. C. Creamer. He discusses his religious beliefs as well as Captain Robert O. Caddy's treatment of sick young boys in Nashville.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 7
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 7
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 2
- Bolivar (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army -- History. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Louisiana Infantry Regiment, 1st. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 23rd. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Florida -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Loudon County (Tenn.) 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Florida -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Georgia -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Illinois -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- Tennessee -- Social life and customs. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1863-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 90th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, 12th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less