Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of fourteen love letters written by Alice Clement to her husband Reverend Andrew E. Clement of Nashville, Tennessee.
The Henry Cherry Letters, 1864-1865, contain nine letters from Cherry, a Chaplain with the 10th Michigan Cavalry in the Civil War, to Amos Gould of Owosso, Mich., describing both military and civilian life in the Union Army during the Civil War. The majority of these letters were written from Knoxville, Tenn.
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1970. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
The collection consists of an eight-page document about the history of Methodism in the Corryton community of Knox County, Tennessee.
A single handwritten letter from James J. Vauln in LaGrange, Tenn. to General Ulysses S. Grant in Memphis, Tenn. dated June 23, 1862. Vauln, a deacon of the American Catholic Church in LaGrange, pleas for permission to continue his church services, as the new brigadier general had forced him to stop holding services.
Record book of the Speedwell (later Big Valley) Circuit's Morristown (later Powell's Valley) District in East Tennessee, part of the Holston Conference of the United Methodist Church. The book contains minutes from most of the quarterly meetings from 1868 to 1883, as well as the articles of their constitution, bylaws, and rules of order for the circuit.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Methodist Church -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Catholic Church -- Clergy. 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- History -- Study and teaching. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Maryville College -- History. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Religious aspects. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 10th (1863-1865). 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. 1 ∧ less