Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Adna Anderson Letters
This collection consists of a Civil War letter and document written to B.D. Parkinson from Adna Anderson. The letter appointed Parkinson as Engineer of Repairs, United States Military Railroads, Military Division of the Mississippi. The document, titled Special Order No. 9., officially recognizes the appointment. Anderson assisted the North during the Civil War as chief superintendent and engineer of all the military railroads.
Dates: 1864 November 1-2
Captain William E. Merrill's Rail Road Bridges and Tunnels Document
This collection contains a lithograph document compiled by Captain William E. Merrill in 1864 featuring records of bridges and tunnels along the railway between Georgia and Tennessee.
Mary Francis (Fannie) Smith Family Papers
Abstract The collection contains thirty Civil War letters written to and from Binghamton, New York and a variety of places in Tennessee. Some of the letters are written on paper provided by the U. S. Christian Commission. Most of the letters still have their original envelopes, some with postmarks and stamps still affixed. The letters from Binghamton are written by Eliza Smith and D. D. Cooley, a friend of the family. The letters from Tennessee are written by William and Alfred Smith. There are also...
Dates: 1865, 1904-1920
- Binghamton (N.Y.) -- History. 1
- Floods -- New York (State). 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- Assassination. 1
- Military engineers. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads -- Georgia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Soldiers -- New York (State) -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Manuscripts. 1
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. 1 ∧ less