Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The B. Carroll Reece Papers, 1921-1944, consists of letters and envelopes to or concerning George S. C. Slagle of Jonesboro, Tenn., or dealing with disabled WWI soldiers. It also includes a copy of the book about the contested Congressional election between Reece and O. B. Lovette in 1932.
Childersburg Project Records, 1955, contain letters between the group entitled Bullard, Caldwell, Scott, and Associates and military personnel for the military construction project contract at several ordnance works, including Childersburg, Ala..
This collection houses the records of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Commission dating from 1947 to 1960. Among the subjects discussed are roads, accessibility, and legal issues.
This collection contains manuscripts and published short stories of Joseph Marshall Krechniak as well as source materials for his writing, such as travel and military manuals. The collection also includes some materials relating to his wife, Helen Bullard Krechniak. Materials date from the 1930's to 2003. However, the bulk of the collection is from the 1930's and 40's.
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 1953-1961. X
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1953. 2
- Anti-communist movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Communists -- United States. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Handicraft -- Appalachian Region, Southern. 1
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 1
- Talladega County (Ala.) -- History. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1953. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less