Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
Henry Cherry Letters
The Henry Cherry Letters, 1864-1865, contain nine letters from Cherry, a Chaplain with the 10th Michigan Cavalry in the Civil War, to Amos Gould of Owosso, Mich., describing both military and civilian life in the Union Army during the Civil War. The majority of these letters were written from Knoxville, Tenn.
Jacob Rowland Letters
John McNickle Laird Collection
John McNickle Laird, Jr. of the Ohio 124th Infantry Regiment (U. S.) writes to his mother, Julia Laird, from a camp near Knoxville, Tennessee and from Marietta, Georgia.
John W. Hammer Letter
While encamped in the Cumberland Ford area of Knox County, Tenn., John W. Hammer serving in the 16th Ohio Infantry Company K writes to a friend named Annie. In this letter dated June 4, 1862, he describes the fortifications that are in place to protect them from the Confederates. His company moves toward the Confederate camps and skirmishes occur.
Robert Neville Letter
Robert Neville wrote this letter to his wife, Mary (Atkinson) Neville, while he was serving with Company E of the 103rd Ohio Infantry near Knoxville, Tennessee. He tells his wife that his health is good, describes the region's enthusiastic reception of Union Soldiers, and expounds upon his religious views.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 3
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Maryville College -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 10th (1863-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 103rd (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 124th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 16th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. 1 ∧ less