Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains correspondence between Dannie Arthur Carr and his high school girlfriend, Mary Elizabeth "Libby" Fox Smith, during his time deployed in the Vietnam War from 1968-1969.
G. Kurt Piehler and Shelley Stafford conducted this interview with Vietnam veteran Ed Shore in Louisville, Tennessee on April 17, 2009. In it, Shore discusses his service with the Marine Corps in Vietnam as well as his impoverished childhood in eastern Tennessee and his experiences as a student at the University of Tennessee.
In this interview (conducted as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Floyd M. Byers discusses his childhood in Tracy City, Tennessee, his experiences as an Army officer in post World War II Germany, his service as a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War, and his postwar life working as an office manager and Vice-President for passenger traffic at Tennessee Airways.
- Subject: Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, American. X
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans. 2
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Tracy City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. Marines, 27th. Battalion, 1st. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. Regiment, 5th. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Mekong River Delta (Vietnam and Cambodia). 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1 ∧ less