Showing Collections: 21 - 34 of 34
This collection consists of audio tapes Jeanette used for background information when writing her novel, “Okeeheedee Country,” as well as the release forms to use them, a photograph of Jeanette in her cap and gown, a copy of her short work, “Wild Flowers in Hog Branch,” a summary of her life, a copy of a photo of Alcoa High School Central Office (1983-1984) she appears in, and a copy of a letter she wrote to Random House Publishing Group requesting they publish a book of her poetry.
Kathryn Worth wrote nineteen of the letters and cards in this collection to her publicist and friend Helen Fay. In them, she thanks Fay for her work and her kindness, tells stories about her daughter Josephine, and occasionally refers to her books. One letter, dated February 13, 1949, refuses a visit from Fay due to intense spiritual struggle beyond her inherent shyness. The collection also houses a letter from Esther to Fay dated June 22, 1960.
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, articles, newsclippings, pamphlets, and books concerning author Laura Thornburgh and her book, The Great Smoky Mountains.
This is a collection of manuscripts and writings from Marguerite Bartlett Hamer dating from 1933 to 1935.
This collection consists of a single manuscript page from The Dundine. Attached is a photo of Maria Thompson Daviess, autographed to John J. Wood.
This collection consists of materials documenting author Marilou Awiakta's professional and personal life.
The collection contains poetry manuscripts, prose manuscripts, correspondence, clippings, and other materials documenting the life and career of Tennessee author Nell Thompson Miller.
This collection houses materials documenting Peggy Bach's scholarly work, including her unfinished biography of Evelyn Scott.
This manuscript collection constitutes an addition to MS.2047: Peggy Bach Collection, 1919-1996. Box 1 houses Bach's professional and personal correspondence, arranged alphabetically. Box 2 contains materials documenting Bach's scholarly writing and the grants and fellowships that she applied for. Box 3 shows with Bach's efforts to gather Evelyn Scott-related material from other institutions.
This collection consits of a typed manuscript of Iris G. Oster's story, Skyline (1933). Also included are some photographs and newspaper clippings.
In a letter dated January 8, 1915, to Henry W. Jones, Dromgoole discusses a paper she sent and requests information in order to resend it.
The Wilma Dykeman and James R. Stokely Jr. Papers contain personal and family related material, correspondence, research material, manuscripts, and visual media pertaining to the life and works of author and historian Wilma Dykeman and her husband, poet James R. Stokely Jr. The collection spans 1807-2011 with the bulk of the material dating between 1934 and 2007.
This collection, dating March and April 1966, contains the book The Far Family by Wilma Dykeman and three letters to/from Wilma (Dykeman) & Jim Stokely to/from Erich Rosenberg about the book.
This collection of writings by Katherine Keogh White includes one bound typed manuscript titled “The Battle of King’s Mountain,” a published bound book with uncut pages titled The King's Mountain Men (1924), and two pages of notes on the order of pagination of the manuscripts.
- Subject: Women authors, American. X
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 10
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 8
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 7
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 7
- Women authors, American. 7
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 6
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 4
- American literature -- Women authors. 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Women. 2
- Authors, American. 2
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Oral history -- United States. 2
- American literature -- Southern States. 1
- Appalachian Region -- History. 1
- Appalachian Region -- Social conditions. 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religion. 1
- Appalachian Region. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Historical fiction, American. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Murfreesboro (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Periodicals -- Publishing. 1
- Short stories, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Southern States -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Women -- Southern States. 1 ∧ less