Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Alfred Roessel/German POW Letter
Crossville POW Camp Collection
The Crossville P. O. W Camp Collection, 1942-1981 consists primarily of newspaper clippings and copies of photographs. Also included in the collection is a history of the Camp property and correspondence and a memoir compiled by a former camp guard.
Earlene Aytes Tennessee POW Camps Collection
This collection features resources about the Prisoner of War camps in Crossville and Tullahoma, Tennessee. Including personal narratives, documents, and later recounts and analyses, these materials present information and understanding of these two camps during WWII.
Ed Merkel Memoir
This autographed memoir, entitled "My Last Mission", describes Lieutenant Colonel Ed Merkel's time, May 1943 -July 1945, as a B-17 pilot and German POW during World War II.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
John H. Moulton Collection
This collection contains a narrative of John H. “Corky” Moulton’s experience as a prisoner of war in Germany and Austria during World War II.
Jürgen Sperber Letters, Documents, and Other Materials Regarding Camp Crossville
Prisoners of War News Articles
Copies of the Maryville-Alcoa Times and The Tennessean with featured articles on prisoner of war camps during World War II.
Robert Asquith Collection
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
Wiley O. Woods, Jr. and Edward W. Weiss Papers
This collection contains research collected by Wiley O. Woods, Jr. and Ed Weiss. It concerns the detachment of Air Force men who were sent to San Jose, Mindoro, Philippine Islands during the early days of World War II, and who spent 37 months in a Prisoner of War camp (Tan Toey) on the island of Ambon.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 5
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 4
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 3
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Crossville Internment Camp (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 2
- United States. Air Force. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Germany. Luftwaffe -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Philippines. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less