Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of memoir titled, A Brief History of Marine Air Warning Squadron Eight by Ed. Farmer, written in 1984. It includes a history of the Marine Air Warning Air Squadron Eight stationed in Okinawa, Japan during World War II. The booklet includes maps and personnel rosters of the various operations of MAWS-8 as they landed in Okinawa.
These papers document Cecil Staley’s service with the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Included are Staley’s typed accounts of his missions in Japan from December 1944 to July 1945.
This collection, created by World War II veteran H. P. Griffith, contains a single copy of the newspaper Stars and Stripes, Pacific edition, from October 3, 1945, as well as military and Japanese currency.
This collection includes a typed copy of Statement of Capt. Harry H. Mittenthal which details Mittenthal's experience as a Japanese prisoner of war during World War II from 1942 to 1945.
This collection contains copies of photos taken in the Philippines and Hiroshima, Japan, in 1945.
This report, 16 pages in length, describes in technical detail the enterprise of 15 bombing missions carried out by the 315th Bombardment Wing of the U. S. Air Force against Japan's oil refineries in June 1945.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less