Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Charles D. Butte Collection
The Charles D. Butte Collection, 1921-2003 (bulk 1940-1948), consists of diaries, memoirs, and histories of the 603rd Quartermaster Graves Registration Company (QM GR CO) that served during and after World War II. This collection extensively covers the activity of the QM GR CO, and the diaries give insight to the experiences shared by its members. The collection also includes several compact discs and a floppy disk that contain electronic copies of the printed information.
Don Whitehead Journalistic Collection
The Don Whitehead Journalistic Collection houses manuscripts, scrapbooks, correspondence, photos, newspaper columns, and personal memorabilia documenting Whitehead's 40-year journalistic career.
Erwin B. Bigger Oral History
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
J. Richard Vincent Memoir
This collection consists of All Hands Man Your Battle Stations, a memoir written by J. R. Vincent. He was a former AOM USNR who fought in World War II and Korea.
Joseph E. Martin Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
Neal O'Steen Oral History
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
Stanley Duhan Oral History
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
W. Lewis Wood Oral History
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
Wilson-Wade Family Papers
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 3
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Journalists, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Journalists. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Registers of dead. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Soldiers' bodies, Disposition of. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy -- Women. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Registers of dead -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less