Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection houses correspondence, photographs, and military memorabilia documenting Clifford Edward Keenan's service and death with the 505th Parachute Infantry during World War II.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This collection houses photocopies of newspaper clippings, a certificate, and a letter documenting Ned F. Smith's service during World War II.
This film, entitled Troublemaker -- A Pilot's Story of WWII, documents Robert Harrington's service flying B-24s in Europe with the 466th Bomb Group during 1944.
The book housed in this collection is composed of transcriptions of letters written between Private Clifford E. Keenan and his immediate family from 1942 to 1944. Editor Hugh T. Keenan (Clifford E. Keenan's younger brother) has also included a brief biographical introduction and numerous photographs of the Keenan family.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 3
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (Heavy), 466th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- Netherlands. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less