Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This ledger houses the notes, essays, research, and observations of Dr. Barnabas Wood, a dental surgeon who lived in Nashville before the Civil War. His interests included (among other things) physiognomy, phrenology, slavery, spirituality, morality, botany, and zoology.
This collection houses lists of the books, instruments, and supplies required by the University of Tennessee's College of Medicine.
This collection houses a guide to speaking and writing for students of veterinary medicine.
An 1842 index rerum, or alphabetized notebook intended for creating a manual, given to Francis Alexander Ramsey by his friend Thomas Turner. The rerum includes a section describing how and why the pages may be used. Ramsey, who was likely a medical student at the time, used the book to create a manual of medical references and terminology.
This 248-page ledger book appears to be a nurse's patient record for the Helen Mae Lennon Hospital. Each entry includes the date, the patient's name, treatment instructions or progress, and a doctor's signature. Treatments are varied, but often feature castor oil, soda bicarb, soft diet, bed rest, and hot water bottles. Doctors' signatures include E. F. Lennon, M. L. Boyd, and S. M. Clark.
This collection of manuscript materials does not include rough drafts or notes from Patricia Cornwell’s own writing. It consists of materials she collected as part of her very extensive research. In addition to notebooks, pamphlets, and newspaper articles about Medicine and Crime, it includes primary source documents about the abolition movement, suffragettes, Prince Albert-Victor and other 19th century celebrities, education, and literature.
This book contains notes that Samuel Mainster took on lectures he attended while studying at the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
- Medicine -- Study and teaching. 6
- Medicine -- History. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Abolition movement -- 1840-1850. 1
- African Americans -- Education. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- African Americans. 1
- Armed Forces -- Officers 1
- Autograph albums -- Europe. 1
- Caricatures -- 1870-1890 1
- Court records 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Mathematics -- Problems, exercises, etc. 1
- Medical colleges 1
- Medicine -- Study and teaching -- Michigan. 1
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Penny dreadfuls 1
- Psychiatry -- History. 1
- Science -- Periodicals. 1
- Scrapbooks. 1
- Slaves -- Emancipation -- United States. 1
- Suffrage 1
- Tailors 1
- Trials (Murder) 1
- Veterinary medicine -- Study and teaching. 1 ∧ less